My iBook G4 December 11, 2008Posted by ninelouis in เล่า - tell.
Tags: iBook, Review
Today I have just bought 2nd hand iBook G4 from the 2nd hand shop (12,900 THB), it is the 12″ 2005 model (identifies with help of wiki)
Here is the spec,
- 1.33 GHz processor
- 512 MB DDR SDRAM
- 40 GB Hard drive
- 12.1-inch screen
- combo DVD/CD-RW drive
- Wi-Fi (802.11g)
- FireWire 400
I decide to buy from this seller since he claim that battery life is still good, 2 hr+
After a quick try (2 hr) , what I, a 10-year-PC-Windows-user, have a thougt on this iBook is,
- Quiet : Keyboard/Fan/Harddisk noise level is very acceptable for me. Imagine when you work in quiet place such a library, this point is a significant.
- Screen : I think the screen is clear but soft for my eye. I just “feel”, no tool for mesuring.
- Design : You can say you know me well if you know that i like the “Bulk”, “Retangular”, “Monochrome”, iBook hit center of my heart.
- Ergonomics : Keyboard size and size of each key is quite fit to my hand and fingers, also have a rest area for my wristle.
- Slot loading optical drive : I love it !
- Adapter cable is short : Compare to my previous eeePC first model, measure with my eye, it is < 2m, which is almost half of eePC’s cable.
- Heavy : Weight is another important factor when you buy laptop, iBook is ~ 2.2 kg (eeePC is just ~ 1 kg!) yes, we shall not complaing this – but it is a truth you will get tired easily if carry a 2-kg-brick all day !
- Dirt : It get dirt easily esp. on the wrist-rest-area, also the white finish seems like it will be turned into yellow-white pretty easily and soon.
- Thick : Not slim like MacBook (uh?)
I think that’s all for my first day, will update it again when i have used it more.
P.S. this is the first post made on iBook !! 😛