probably, maybe, perhaps, possibly March 25, 2008Posted by ninelouis in English corner.
Tags: maybe, perhaps, possibly, probably
maybe / perhaps :
use this when you think that
something may happen or may be true,
but you are not sure.
Perhaps is more formal than maybe.
– Maybe they’re right, but maybe not.
– The industrial revolution was, perhaps, the most important event in history.
used to say that something is likely to happen, likely to be true
– It will probably take about a week.possibly :
used when saying that something may be true or likely,
although you are not completely certain [= perhaps, maybe]
– He’s going to stay at least three weeks, possibly longer.
ว่าไปแล้วมันก็ใช้แทนกันได้นะคะ แต่อย่างที่คุณนัทหาข้อมูลมาให้ก็ดีค่ะ เหมือนให้ความรู้สึกว่าเดาแบบมีระดับต่างๆ ว่างั้น
– He’s probably too shy to ask her out.
– Perhaps, he’s too shy to ask her out.
– He’s maybe too shy to ask her out.
source : http://www.pantip.com/cafe/library
thanks : นัท305, thaispicy